Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me decide

I am torn between Kook's and Stainless Works headers. Which should I go with for my 02 SS? Daily driver, looking for nice torque. Stock motor, may do procharger down the road if that matters...
Thanks...
Old 11-02-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

when i get headers, i'm going kooks. i personally dont have any expierience with either, but i haven't heard ONE bad thing about kooks. i havent heard anything bad about stainless works either, but people just seem to be praising kooks alot more.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Kooks seem to be high quality and that is what I am going with.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had mine installed by a good local shop, they dont bang and they have great ground clearance.I also had Prothane motor mounts installed.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

I would say you'd probably be safe either way. I've read more complaints about Kooks (not lately) than I have Stainless Works however I think that's more of a function of there being more Kooks LTs on cars.

I believe the Kooks may edge the Stainless Works out due to the velocity spikes in th Kooks and you'd probably have a little better clearance with the Y-pipe with the Kooks too. I think the Stainless Works is a 3-inch pipe, like the Kooks, but I don't recall a bad thing mentioned about Kooks Y. I particularly care for the merge collectors on each of their Y-pipes however I doubt there is much of a power different than pipes with merge collectors.

I don't know if Stainless Works has 1 7/8 primaries available but if you're seriously planning on adding an S/C in the future maybe you should consider the multitude of primary options available from Kooks.

I seriously think you'd be happy with either of the choices you've listed.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Having had both headers I can say with accuracy the Kooks will install much easier. There really isnt a performance difference in headers to speak of. A long tube is a long tube is a long tube.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Having had both headers I can say with accuracy the Kooks will install much easier.
what about power between the two?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Same, added to my post. I will say this too. ARH is great header as well. That is all my tuner uses and he does mostly Vettes. He has a set waiting to go on his c6 z06 right now, or I actualy think they are on there now. THere is a sponsor on here right now with a special on them.

Tough to beat free shipping
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/806981-american-racing-headers-sale-awsome-price-free-shipping.html