Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hanging mufflers for true duals?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default hanging mufflers for true duals?

is the only way to hang a muffler for a true dual setup with a hanger that needes welded on? i really dont' want to weld a hanger on. i would prefer to clamp something on so it can be modified a bit if needed. i plan on running an X-pipe and with dumps. i am not sure on the muffler but the dumps will be about as far back as the rear axle.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:24 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can drill through the bottom of the rear seats into the tunnel and bolt a bracket there. No welding. However, attatching it to the turndown/muffler will be a task. You really should weld it or make a flange that has a piece of steel rod with a hook on it to slip through. Clamps (if they worked right) would still suck and be my last option. Why can't you weld it? Or have it welded?
Old 12-15-2007, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i could have it welded. i would just rather not. i just change my exhaust enough that i don't know how long i will like the setup that i go with. with it not being welded then i don't have to mess with the mounts when i do change setups again.