Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV hoses & oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCV hoses & oil pressure

Hi, its my first post. I did some searching on here but couldn't find anything related specifically to a problem I am having. The car is a '99 TA. I have fluctuating oil pressure problems, which I am hoping will be the pressure sensor. I've already got a new sensor in hand (and the tool required) and I've been trying to install it without pulling the intake, which from my searches here say can be done. I can't even find the sensor though, its not eaxctly small and I've felt all along the back of the block, used a mirror to try and spot it, and moved some hoses out of the way but still can't spot it or get my hand on it. The hoses are my issue. There are 2 hoses coming from the passenger side valve cover that go into a connector and come out as 1 plug that goes to a plug on the drivers side valve cover. I am assuming this is part of the PCV system. The hoses have seperated at the plug, looks like it melted in half. Could this in any way effect the fluctuating oil pressure?
Old 12-16-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

If your idle is hunting because of a leak yes, otherwise no. The PCV and hose assembly isn't that expensive, so pull the old out, replace the sender, put a new one in and you should be good to go.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can see it in the second pic here https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=828641&page=2 it's more to the drivers side. When the intake is on, the brake booster hose connection is routed around the sender, make it a bit more difficult than it might look.
It's not my pic BTW.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
You can see it in the second pic here https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=828641&page=2 it's more to the drivers side. When the intake is on, the brake booster hose connection is routed around the sender, make it a bit more difficult than it might look.
It's not my pic BTW.
Thanks for the pic, I think that will give me a better idea of what I need to be doing back there.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im having the same problem. let me know if it fixes it.