Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about fast intake,injectors,cam?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about fast intake,injectors,cam?

Im in the process of swapping out my bbc for a and its going in this

I was wondering what would be some good bolt ons? I was toying with the idea of a fast intake 90mm tb or a typhoon or something like that (any insight) Also id like to find a good size cam and injectors...Any replys would b greatly appreciated im about to get my wings finally....
Old 03-11-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Regular

LS1 i assume? Depending on your budget id go headers/Cam/clutch(or converter it looks like) and start with that. If you can afford a fast and cam at the same time you'll def gain some power in the upper RPMs. As for the cam there are plenty of cams to choose from...if its a race only application id consider going to a solid roller setup...with a good set of heads you can really make some good power!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ExTurbo
LS1 i assume? Depending on your budget id go headers/Cam/clutch(or converter it looks like) and start with that. If you can afford a fast and cam at the same time you'll def gain some power in the upper RPMs. As for the cam there are plenty of cams to choose from...if its a race only application id consider going to a solid roller setup...with a good set of heads you can really make some good power!

X2 The FAST won't gain you anything until you have the supporting mods to utilize the extra flow. Assuming auto I like the idea of a T/C too.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:49 PM

yeah its a lt1 im just trying to have better than stock hp and performance. I mean, I was worrying about doing the heads because i dont want to have to build the bottom end up. I dont want to put heads on it and end up blowing the bottom end out of it. Its a auto transmission. Anything That would Aide me in any hp and torque gains would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-11-2008, 09:52 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...143113056&rd=1

would this be ok ?
Old 03-12-2008, 02:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by spinin70
".....because i dont want to have to build the bottom end up. I dont want to put heads on it and end up blowing the bottom end out of it.
How far are you planning to go with this project? No doubt, a cam, F.A.S.T. intake, and GOOD heads will make very good power, just don't forget that the "bottom end", like an offensive line on a football team, is the heart & soul of the whole operation. The '01 & '02 LS1's had outstandingly strong bottom ends....as far as OEM rotating assemblies go. The cast, nodular iron crank will handle from 500-600 HP.....or more. Once you climb past that power output, rod bolts and pushrods are suspect. The OEM crank with a good set of rods, rod bolts, and hardened pushrods could probably support well in excess of 600 HP.

I wouldn't go hog-wild up top without a stout rotating assembly.....but that's just me.......
Old 03-12-2008, 09:18 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good bolt-ons? Did you look at the forum stickies?