Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will LT's make a big difference?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will LT's make a big difference?

im thinking of buyin some headers real soon which im lookin at flowtech's lt's. as you can see by my modes on my car i dont have and eternal work done yet. will i notice a difference if i buy em now or would it be better to just wait till i build my motor later this summer
Old 03-14-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

can't say from experiance about the power but i hear its one of the first noticable mods that people do. mine will start to go in tomorrow so i can tell you when i'm done. on another note i've heard bad things about flowtech, although you hear bad about every company i went with pacesetters because they are similar and price and have a much more positive following. about the waiting until summer why wait if you have the money now and slap those babies on yourself, but if your paying for labor id wait to save a few dollars here and there.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its one of the best bolt on's you can do. I love my LT's, The only thing I would trade them for is a converter
Old 03-14-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slow1999blackz28
can't say from experiance about the power but i hear its one of the first noticable mods that people do. mine will start to go in tomorrow so i can tell you when i'm done. on another note i've heard bad things about flowtech, although you hear bad about every company i went with pacesetters because they are similar and price and have a much more positive following. about the waiting until summer why wait if you have the money now and slap those babies on yourself, but if your paying for labor id wait to save a few dollars here and there.
well i know alot of people around here run them on there ls1's, and yea i have the money i just did not want to waste time putting them on now if i wasent going to notice any difference, it would be a waste of time for me cause i will have my motor dropped out this summer
Old 03-14-2008, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

Do you even have a Cat back on it or is it stock?
Old 03-14-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have no cats and i have a cutout which i run most of the time open (sounds meaner lol)
Old 03-14-2008, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Put them on or slap yourself
Old 03-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Banned

I cant wait to get a set
Old 03-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Banned

Flowtech's are FINE. As are Ebay LT's for 190 dollars. Don't listen to the idiots on this forum who think a header needs to be 600 dollars to be good. All that matters is how it perform's
Old 03-15-2008, 02:48 AM
On The Tree

LT's are probably the largest Mod (bolt on) you will feel. Not to mention, it makes are cars sound from, "hrmm sounds good" to "jesus that thing sounds nasty as hell"
Old 03-15-2008, 10:08 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by COD02SS
Flowtech's are FINE. As are Ebay LT's for 190 dollars. Don't listen to the idiots on this forum who think a header needs to be 600 dollars to be good. All that matters is how it perform's
I believe I just elaborated on this subject last night.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LT's will make a good dif in stock form and a even bigger diff when you do stuff later on. Dont go cheapest, look for a GOOD, QUALITY, Stainless steel header.

QTP
ARH
KOOKs
DYNATECH

Look for something in this range and you will not be disappointed
Old 03-15-2008, 12:14 PM
9 Second Club

hooker?.....
Old 03-15-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
LT's will make a good dif in stock form and a even bigger diff when you do stuff later on. Dont go cheapest, look for a GOOD, QUALITY, Stainless steel header.

QTP
ARH
KOOKs
DYNATECH

Look for something in this range and you will not be disappointed
well i know that flowtech is owned by holley and ive heard alot of people run pacesetters also are they not any good? i was thinking about ceramic coated but should i just go with stainless?
Old 03-15-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thebart455
well i know that flowtech is owned by holley and ive heard alot of people run pacesetters also are they not any good? i was thinking about ceramic coated but should i just go with stainless?
I have Pacesetter LT's and I hear 100x more good than bad about them. I love mine, sound great and they went in butter smooth. I have the ceramic coated.

Originally Posted by addicted2fun
LT's are probably the largest Mod (bolt on) you will feel. Not to mention, it makes are cars sound from, "hrmm sounds good" to "jesus that thing sounds nasty as hell"
+1 LT's is definitely the first mod that I ACTUALLY felt. You probably won't be keeping your cut-out open all the time anymore as it would be extremely loud.

Originally Posted by COD02SS
Your an idiot. Its been proven time and time again that QTP's, KOOKS, etc. DO make more power than cheapo headers. but most of the time the price difference isn't work it to people to get another 5-10 hp. Also build quality is much better on the expensive headers. Kooks look down right sexy. Stainless steel is also a huge plus. If I still have my car in a couple years I'll be replacing my Pacesetters with some Kooks or something nice that is Stainless. The Pacesetters were just a great option at the time because of price and ease of installation.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SchultzLT1
I have Pacesetter LT's and I hear 100x more good than bad about them. I love mine, sound great and they went in butter smooth. I have the ceramic coated.

+1 LT's is definitely the first mod that I ACTUALLY felt. You probably won't be keeping your cut-out open all the time anymore as it would be extremely loud.

Your an idiot. Its been proven time and time again that QTP's, KOOKS, etc. DO make more power than cheapo headers. but most of the time the price difference isn't work it to people to get another 5-10 hp. Also build quality is much better on the expensive headers. Kooks look down right sexy. Stainless steel is also a huge plus. If I still have my car in a couple years I'll be replacing my Pacesetters with some Kooks or something nice that is Stainless. The Pacesetters were just a great option at the time because of price and ease of installation.
so should i get stainless or will ceramic do fine?
Old 03-15-2008, 03:13 PM
12 Second Club

They made my car feel like a different car. Go stainless if you drive in the rain and bad weather. if it's a nice day only car, coated steel will be fine, it'll start to get a little surface rust around the collector but nothing that will really compromise the header itself.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thebart455
so should i get stainless or will ceramic do fine?
Ceramic will rust, stainless won't. If you live in the "rust belt," I'd go stainless. Since I live in Indiana, I went with stainless ARH. Use your judgement, and do what your budget allows you to do.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh ok so i need a stainless header, what brands offer good stainless headers for a good price?
Old 03-15-2008, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kooks 1 7/8 since you say you plan on doing something with the motor get the best now and dotn have to worry later