Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will LT's make a big difference?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TA1364
LTs and ORY= Loud
I got pacesetters, they arent bad at all for the price I just need to get them to stop hitting the floorboard at WOT.
Change out your motor/trans mount. You will have no more problems.

Only changing your trans mount will cause strain on the trans case.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys i just ordered a set of pacesetters ceramic coated and a texas speed ory and also got the o2 extensions. should be in friday is what john for ts said. anything else that i may need before the install?
Old 03-17-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thebart455
ok guys i just ordered a set of pacesetters ceramic coated and a texas speed ory and also got the o2 extensions. should be in friday is what john for ts said. anything else that i may need before the install?
Gaskets... DO NOT use the ones that Pacesetter provides. Go with a GM replacement.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Gaskets... DO NOT use the ones that Pacesetter provides. Go with a GM replacement.
yea i have heard that gm gaskets are about the best when installing headers, anything else or should that be all i need? also any tips on installing the headers?
Old 03-18-2008, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thebart455
yea i have heard that gm gaskets are about the best when installing headers, anything else or should that be all i need? also any tips on installing the headers?
No, that should about do it. Now would be a great time to do motor mounts though if you wanted to. I did prothane mounts when I did my Pacesetters a while back. Really pretty easy with the headers out. Just get the front of the car up as high as you can, that's about the only advice you need. The higher the better. The passenger side header slid right in no problems. I had to work with the drivers side just a little bit, but it really wasn't bad either. Good luck man.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks i will tell you how the install went when i get them in thanks for the info