Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Dual Help Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 03:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default True Dual Help Needed!

Hey guys, I am in the process of installing a set of Pacesetter LT's and the Texas Speed true duals. I am having a serious ride height problem, I only have about 2.5" of ground clearance under the mufflers. I have had everything out and apart about a dozen times, and this is the best I can get. The mufflers are all the way up aginst the floor of the car, and I know I have the X pipe right side up (That was my mistake the first time.) The car is lowered a little 1.5" in the back I beleive. It is the Hotchkis kit if that helps. Is this the normal ride height to expect or am I missing the secret to this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Also I did search through the photos and didn't see anything differant than what I had done.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your problem is that your car is lowered in the back. I have the true duals and my pipes are only about 3-4 inches off the ground and I'm stock height. It's gonna be expected for the exhaust pipes (especially 3+ inch pipes) to be low to the ground with these cars. There's nothing you can really do except raise it back up. Just be careful going over bumps and you should be OK. I've never had an issue with my pipes, but they do scrape a tiny bit if I go over a speed bump too fast.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:05 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with a 2.5" setup just for this purpose. I have sagging springs in the rear and still have awesome clearance.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys, I was just looking at the pics everyone had posted and was seeing some people being able to fit a beer can underneith and I got worried. I thought they had been lowered too. Thanks for the info, I guess I will just run it as it is!