Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Bumpstop Mod Ques

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Bumpstop Mod Ques

Does the piece in which the throttle cable loops onto the throttle body supposed to be curved?Im talking about the metal piece that sits on the idle adjustment screw.....Because after gettin the TB PP I think the guy bent that piece as a crappy bumpstop mod but im not certain and cant get the throttle not to stick or the idle right ..
Old 03-21-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

Old 03-22-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Any Input is welcomed
Old 03-22-2008, 11:23 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bring the idle screw out more. That is where your sticking is coming from. Let me go look at 2 of the ported stockers I have laying in the garage. I see the bend, but don't see how that would have helped for the bumpstop mod.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:26 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

I just went and checked. It does look like that is what they did. Mine were slightly bent the other direction, and I have never messed with them. It was easier just to hit the stop with a dremel and take off material to compensate.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:54 PM
TECH Regular

If i turn up the idle screw any further the car idles at 1000...and if its turned lower it begins to stick....I just need to get a new TB for the guy that did mines plus he did the crappiest port and polish,looks like he just used sand paper
Old 03-22-2008, 03:46 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Seems like he messed something up then. I would jsut get him to replace your core/money and send it to thunder racing or Eastside performance.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

It doesn't matter if its bent! u can adjust idle if u have to. u might have to losen the two screws that hold the throttle plate and re tighten if it sticks at idle. Remember he just hogged aton of material off the TB so its going idle differently till the car relearns. After P&P I had all the same problems!
Old 03-22-2008, 03:56 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Originally Posted by mikenews
It doesn't matter if its bent! u can adjust idle if u have to. u might have to losen the two screws that hold the throttle plate and re tighten if it sticks at idle. Remember he just hogged aton of material off the TB so its going idle differently till the car relearns. After P&P I had all the same problems!
well I am thinking that if it is bent away from the bumpstop then it is bent toward the idle screw. What does that tell you about the adjustment?
Old 03-22-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mikenews
lol but the thing is he actually didnt take much out of the tb ill take pics and show you guys..Im almost sure I could do a better job