Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water temp gauge help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water temp gauge help!

i just got my water temp gauge and need help! i know how to hook up the npt fitting and the ground,(that was cake), but since i've never wired anything before, i'm a little confused about where i need to hook up my 12v dash source and my 12v igntion ....also, what do they mean about the 12v ignition source having to be fused? is this something i have to get, or do i already have the necessary fuse? any help would be appreciated! thanks
Old 07-30-2003, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: water temp gauge help!

In the fuse panel on the driver side of the dash, there is a <font color="red"> red <!--color--></font> 15amp fuse that goes to the guage cluster. You can pull that fuse, strip back some of the wire you are using to the guage, and when you put the fuse back in, "sandwitch" the wire in between the fuse and terminal block. Find a good ground near the source to ground it to. That is your ignition source.

For the 12v light source, I tapped into the dimmer roller switch, so it could be dimmed with the rest of the lights. Take the dimmer switch out, and tap into the white wire (I think. Use a light tester to find find the right wire.) Also, find a good ground.

It really isn't very hard. Good luck!
Old 07-30-2003, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks alot for your help, everyone kept telling me it was easy, but no one ever explained it
Old 07-30-2003, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

No prob!