Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor's Question....

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2 Sensor's Question....

Ok, so ive decided that i wanna go ahead and do my entire exhaust system along with the header's. These are the plans so far....

Pacesetter Header's, Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat's (Just wanna keep it street legal, and help reduce the sound of my exhaust), probably a custom y-pipe from a local shop, unless there's a good 1 out there to use with these cat's on these header's. SLP LoudMouth II Muffler (Unsure whether to get just 1 or 2. Dont want it to be very loud to the point, it's just unbearable), & right now. Unsure of what tip's.....

Anyway's, i know there's 4 O2 Sensor's, 2 in front & 2 in back of cat's. So i was looking over on the WS6store.com and saw the Front Bosch Corvette O2 Sensor's....So if i get these for the front 2 O2 Sensor's. Do i need to get the other 2 behind the cat's, or no??? Isnt there something about tuning the rear 2 out???

Any help with this is appreciated. Just wanna get everything figured out, and make sure i know what i will need to get or do before i begin trying to order anything.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

from what i understand (and anyone correct me if im wrong) you can tune the rear o2's out and you car will still run fine. the rear o2's are just "tattler" sensors to make sure the cats are working up to par. you can run with them in the comp, but you will throw a code. which is why you have to tune them out to get rid of that code. again anyone correct me if im wrong!
Old 04-13-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Ok, thanks. I think i read that somewhere before, just wasnt sure if that's what it said or not.