Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fbody rear O2's vs C5 rear O2's.....difference??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 12:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question fbody rear O2's vs C5 rear O2's.....difference??

My Hawk has just turned 60,000 miles and I thought I would replace the O2's as preventative maintenance. I have searched and searched and can't seem to find out for sure if the rear C5 O2's are the same as the rear O2's in our cars......just longer. I just ordered a pair of NGK/NTK 21544 rear fbody replacement O2's (which are ~17" long) to replace my stock ones. I was debating on whether or not to get the fbody rear O2's or the NGK/NTK Vette rear O2's (21537 and are ~45" long). I was also looking into Denso's line of them as well, as I'm sure they come in similar lengths for the fbody and Vette (fbody rear: 234-4025....Vette rear: 234-4617). My main concern is that I didn't know for sure if they are the identical sensor except for the length of wire. I know they will screw in and function, but from a metering standpoint, are they identical?? If I knew for sure that they were indentical from a metering/tuning/function standpoint I would probably prefer the Vette ones so I could do away with my O2 extensions. I have read that the Vette rear ones are "supposed" to have a higher wattage heater, but I have not seen any proof of this yet.

any insight will be helpful!!
thanks!
Paul
Old 04-18-2008, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know on both cars I've had I kept burning up stock O2's, and once I switched to the longer vette O2's I had no more issues and they've lasted a lot longer than the f-body ones. I don't know for sure if they meter the same or not though.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Resident

thanks, that's the wierd thing, as I have been running Hooker LT's for quite some time and have never had any O2 issues with the stock sensors, and they have 60,000 miles on them (around 40,000 with the LT's installed). I just think it's about time for me to replace them.