Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for porter

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Looking for porter

The reason i'm posting in this section cause i'm getting ready to
finally install my D1SC kit on my SS. In other post i stated that i'm
gonna install my GTP 6.0 heads. Now those who know me knows i
stress out on any thing that i buy or install on my car So when i take
the 241 heads off and if i need a head porter i needs ideas. I really like the MTI stageIIE LS1 heads.
JS even thinks that they are a good head as well and i agree and about 2 years ago i started to feel that i wanted to upgrade my JPR stage 1 stock valved heads when i had my WS6.
Now for anyone on this site that thinks that JPR doesn't know how to
port heads is greatly mistaken. Even Brian from TEA posted that JPR ports
one of the best stage1's in the country. Well my WS6 had JPR's S1 heads and i was told that Joe didn't spend as much time on my S1's then he usually does. My S1 barely flowed 265cfm and that was way beyond .700, but the runners stalled at around .600 lift anyway. He even left that little bump thats in the upper right side just inside the intake runner, it's for the rocker boss.
But the heads looked sweet and performed damn good and in the way how he shaped and blended the runners into the bowl, throat and the v-shaped vain that he did just infront of the stock intake valves looked nice . Sorry for the verbal diarrhea..hehe.
So if the GTP heads don't live up to the task i would likely have my 241's ported for the blower setup. I prefer to have them hand ported if possible but
not a deal breaker if they use CNC. JS looked into things for me knowing i'm a worry wart and said he thinks i would like the MTI S2E's. That's a great choice no doubt, and i like TEA's too, but i've emailed twice and even PM'd and got no answer...I think they are just very busy and i don't see the flow numbers and other info. on their site, it seems like it's being worked on.
So i'm just looking to not spend alot, or i'd just go with AFR 205's or something from aftermarket...I'm also drooling over the Terminator heads. Well if anyone that doesn't fall asleep reading this please post your choice of good porters that make nice numbers with stock castings. And i know this will come up....Yes I'm using the searchy thing..lol. Thanks to all and to all a goodnight............Corny i know.