Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those of you with FTRA Kit....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Those of you with FTRA Kit....

I just recieved my kit yesterday. Ill be installing it this weekend, since i dont have the time to do it during the week and im sure it'll take me a good amount of time to install. How long do you guy's think it will take??? I have already done the Free Ram Air mod.

Those of you running this kit, do you guy's have any problems with the car heating up??? Or is it getting enough cool air into the engine through this setup. I was just reading the directions, and came across the part where it talked about the engine possibly heating up and i was wondering if anyone has had this problem. I know it mentions removal is quick & easy, but just curious about this.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I think it took me two hours or so to do it. the hardest part is cutting the air dam.

Fast Toys said very few cars run hotter with their kit. Mine didn't as far as I know but the gauges on the 2000 f bodies aren't that great.

I did a lot of searching before I bought mine. I think I might have read one post where someone said their car ran hot. Maybe.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

took me an hour. my car is overheating now but that cuz i blew a fan relay . it'll be fine.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

doesnt overheat. most ive ever seen is the needle sticking near striaght up, near 210 or 200 idk, but that was in the middle of rush our on a single lane road that i was stuck on for a good 2 hours. GAH I REMEMBER THAT TRIP BACK FROM VENGEANCE! but it will definatly cool down once you get going. i have a 98 so the guages all work.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took me about 2 1/2 hours. I had already done some prep work on it before (cutting below the air lid). My temp gauge hasn't gone any higher than normal. I did leave it idling for about 30 min. yesterday and the temp gauge just barely crept past 210. I drove around for a couple of minutes and it went back to just under the 210 mark.