Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackwing Lid?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 11:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackwing Lid?

What is the blackwing lid? I have heard of it before, but have never seen it before, nor have seen it on SLP's site which is the suposode maker.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:36 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Blackwing Lid?

I have seen it. Some cars with SLP options have it stock. I think you have to have a special vin number or something to get one. It is a stock looking air lid without the baffles around it. I heard that they cost like $350
Old 08-04-2003, 11:56 PM
TECH Resident

What is the blackwing lid? I have heard of it before, but have never seen it before, nor have seen it on SLP's site which is the suposode maker.
SLP is not the maker, but rather the maker is Donaldson. SLP sold the Donaldson Blackwing lid and paper filter as part of the 345hp package which was optional on 2002 SS Camaros and Firehawks, though part way through the year, it became standard on the Firehawk. At first glance, it looks like the GM air lid without the air silencer, particularly since it still carries the GM sticker that's placed on lids from the factory, but it flows about the same as any aftermarket lid, and it is better constructed than almost any aftermarket lid out there.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

i have a 2000ss with a whisper carbon fiber lid and k&n air filter ive gotten a lot of compliments on it and i could feel the power when im at WOT!