Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0300 random misfire

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0300 random misfire

I was on the way home and I noticed the car felt real sluggish like it was lacking serious power,so I kept driving and came to a stop. The car started idleing real rough almost felt like it was about to die then the ses light comes on and starts flashing. So I hook up my predator and its reads P0300 random misfire what the heck could this be a friend told me clear the code then restart it and see if it runs crappy it might be a computer glitch. I did and it ran crappy again he was telling me it might be a loose plug or something with the coil pack so I'm waiting for the car to cool down now so I can go in and check if everything it set tight. Anyone else ever had this problem.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Spark plug wire lose.

I had the same thing happen, got off freeway and when i stopped my car was idling incredibly rough. The flashing SES = a misfire so i took it into a shop since i dont know anything about fixing cars and they found a lose plug wire, fixed problem. If you know how to fix it yourself it should be cheap, i wish i did =X
Old 08-01-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks
Old 08-03-2008, 08:57 AM
TECH Junkie

I'd start by checking the plugs and wires? How old are they? How about the fuel filter? Does it show any particular cylinder?