Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 Tahoe overheating

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Tahoe overheating

I know this isn't a Camaro or T/A etc....but I need help to diagnose an overheating problem with this vehicle. I have changed the thermostat to an OE replacement, and the lower radiator hose thinking it was collapsing, still over heating and I have been trying to burp the system for the last 2 hours to get the air out of it, and it seems to never end. Any ideas?
Old 08-16-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it runs like crap check the TPS. Burp the system by raising the frontend on ramps and pour coolant in the top radiator hose to fill up the block. If air is in the system this should help greatly purge it. Sqeezing the top RAD. hose may help too. Good luck N hope it's not a H/G.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a bulletin on casttech heads for the heads being bad if you can't find any external leaks and everything looks fiine, like your fan clutch spinning at the right speed not to slow pull your valvecovers and see if there is a casttech stamping on the head if so you might need new heads. There junk they crack. also try replacing the radiator cap its cheap and I have seen them go bad and make it overheat.