Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something feels off.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Something feels off.....

I posted this in the tuning section, but figured you guys may be able to help too.....

Hey guys. I noticed recently that Im not able to chirp or shred my tires any more...I figured it was the combo of better tires, and the hot weather, and my 60k+ stock clutch. I actually didnt notice any loss of power persay, but simply wasnt hearing /feeling my tires lose grip like they did when I first got my headers.....and even before the headers I could chirp....Now I cant....

I also ran against a local cts-v from 45-70 and he was right next to me, and his car just has intake and exhaust, and he had 2 extra people in his car.

Something has to be wrong with my car, Im not throwing codes, could I be firing on only 7 cylinders and not noticing? Bent pushrod? Any help would be appreciated. Where should I start? Could the high mile clutch be the issue? Thanks alot!!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have a tune with the new exhaust?

it could be due to a combination of things ie: HEAT, clutch, and many other things
Old 09-05-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

maybe he has more than an intake and likes to mess with your head?
Old 09-06-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I do have a tune with the new exhaust....
Old 09-06-2008, 08:44 AM
12 Second Club

how many miles are on it and when was the last time you did a tune up....maybe its all in your head man....i noticed as i drove my WS6 more and more it felt slower and slower....until i took it to the track and ran the exact same time...

do a tune up if it is time and enjoy the car...

oh and by the way wanna trade lol
Old 09-06-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

depending how you drive it could well be the clutch . first time i put duals on my car i could actually smell the clutch just from making a pass and that was a few years back . as far as it being a bent pushrod i doubt it but it would not hurt to to pull the valve covers just to make sure . could be a bad batch of gas , fueal filter , spark plugs . if problem persists start with the cheapest and work your way up .
i am sure it is something small and if it is the clutch you are probabally due for a new one anyway . good luck and let us know if you find out your problem .