Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird issues with new intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 02:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird issues with new intake

I have a ported 96MM Intake with a 92MM FAST TB installed on my car. I have a funky idle issues after the install. The guys at the shop I take my car too hooked my car up to their laptop (HP Tuners I think) and it showed the Idle control at 0 (closed) and my Throttle blade at 0 (closed) they said with both those things reading "0" the car should have shut off, but the car is still running. So it looks like some sort of a vacuum leak, they sprayed carb cleaner all over the intake and TB and the idle never changed. They were nice enough to pull the intake off and reinstall the intake with new intake gaskets and sealer and the problem still shows up. We checked all the hoses and what not and they are all tight. Could the intake just be bad in some way?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

It may be is TB is opened too far with the set screw and your tps in not clocked around right. Look inside and see if it is closed all the way. Mine read open 5% when the throttle was closed. We had to slot the tps to get it right. Just a an idea.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:53 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the idea, more stuff to look at this weekend