Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-Pipe problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H-Pipe problems?

I am going to install a custom true duals setup here really soon. I bought the universal H-pipe from jegs. All I was wondering is, are there any problems that you all have run into installing an H-pipe on these cars? The exhaust is going to be a pair of 18" sweet thunder mufflers with an h-pipe dumped at the rear axle, 3" piping. Does anybody have any idea what it will sound like?, I searched and I haven't been able to find a clip. They're true duals so I'd imagine it couldn't sound as bad as my LM1 with LT's and ORY. Thanks in advance for all help
Old 09-25-2008, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will sound a lot better then lm with ory I think. I want to do an H pipe as well, should sound good. Even though mustangs run H pipes, I don't think it will have that great of a sound due to engine parameters (disscused before somewhere around here), but duals over all sound great.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried LS1Sounds.com?

Overall, the problem with running nearly any dual exhaust on these cars is clearance...there really just isn't much room underneath, and if you aren't careful, you're exhaust will end up attached to a speed bump instead of your headers. Others run into issues when they try to run driveshaft loops...you just really have to plan it out well before you start cutting and welding.