Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions before i order my LT's

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 02:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions before i order my LT's

I am in college and i have some extra money laying aside for my car, I want to spend as close or below 600$ though. I was looking to buy the Pacesetter headers and off road y pipe combo from Texas speed for $495. What else would i need to get to complete the job or get while i am there?
I have an 00 ws6 trans am M6, What else will i NEED to buy to put these in no problem, Also what can i do about the rear O2 sensors. I read that you do not need them if you get them tuned out, How do you tune them out and plug the hole in the y pipe, also do i need o2 extentions for my front sensors? I have a catback on my car now so i am hoping the y pipe will fit right in no problem.
Can anyone let me know exactly what i need i was searching and it seems sort of confusing about what i have to get along with the Lts and y pipe. It would be nice if someone could clear this up for me i want to purchase them this up coming weekend.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:16 AM
TECH Addict

I didn't install Pacesetters, but I needed O2 extensions for the front sensors.

The y-pipe will fit your current catback okay.

The rear O2s you can just remove them and plug the bungs with 18mm x 1.5 oil drain plugs you can get at just about any auto parts store. To tune out the codes for the rear O2s you need a tuner or some software like HP tuners.

Also you'll need 3 band clamps, 2 for the y-pipe inlets and 1 for the catback to y-pipe connection.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

its better if u change ur headers gaskit.

u will need a 12" o2 extentions for ur front o2
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...g+tube+headers

and for the rear o2`s u have options u eather tune them out or install the o2`s Simulators http://www.speedinc.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0000042

make sure u dont break ur ECT sensor while installing ur headers.....

goooood luck
Old 10-02-2008, 11:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a question about those sims. For true duals (texas-speed), would I need them, and do they even have bungs for them? If not, just tune them out and I'm golden?
Old 10-03-2008, 04:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Engine_HP
its better if u change ur headers gaskit
Would you say its actually better? Why?