Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do next?

ok, i've got a 99 vette a4 3.15s with intake, LT's, exhaust. i've got an ls2 tb laying around off the car. my budget is just enough for the prc 5.3's. I only have around 6 months left with the car until i head up for a service academy or purdue so can't take the car. Not worried about money since i've got a full ride either way.
so, what would you recommend to tide me over until then. i would like to do everything with my own hands, so cam is nearly eliminated(plus i want gas mileage so mild cam if any), but i have the resources. i'm thinking heads or fast 90. car is a street car but i will be taking driving lessons on a road course and want a torque curve to match the application.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You will gain more from a cam and stock heads than a stock cam and aftermarket heads. Call texas speed and see what cam they recomend for now and with their heads for the future. You could run a cam in the 220/560/114lsa range and have nice power and still keep the gas milage and driveabilty in good shape.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

A Vigalante torque convertor would really wake up what you got now. You don't have your signature filled out so we don't know what your runnin now.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:58 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are we reading correctly that you dont' have a camshaft yet Mr. LT? If so I honestly think you'd be better off with a camshaft before the PRC heads. The PRC heads are awesome & will make big power gains, but you really need a camshaft prior to installing ported heads. Tell us more about your other mods & we can help you put together a package that fits your goals.

Give us a call if we can help you!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 10-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Sig is updated
anyways, I thought about a TC, but one day when technology advances i'd like to put a fully manual auto 6 speed in(traffic sucks as much as I like driving stick)
i will definitely be in contact with you tx speed, but how big of a cam can i go while maintaining gas mileage? and what other stuff, like pushrods, should i do? I know, search is my friend, but i'm still curious in this setup

Last edited by LTstewy8; 10-14-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LTstewy8
Sig is updated
anyways, I thought about a TC, but one day when technology advances i'd like to put a fully manual auto 6 speed in(traffic sucks as much as I like driving stick)
i will definitely be in contact with you tx speed, but how big of a cam can i go while maintaining gas mileage? and what other stuff, like pushrods, should i do? I know, search is my friend, but i'm still curious in this setup
TSP will set you straight. got most of my sig from them. If your doing H/C I would do new lifters and trays, push rods are a MUST, ls2 or double roller timing chain, and a ported oil pump.