Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pick a cam or stall first.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pick a cam or stall first.

Im kinda stuck here. Ive been doing all the research I can, but I need to be pointed in the right direction. My mods are in my sig. My tranny is on its way out. Ive got a built 460le tranny on layaway. I want to upgrade my stall while im doing the swap.

My goal for the car is to keep it streetable and take it to the track a few times a year. Its only a weekend car since I have a work truck. I put less than 5000 miles a year on it. I wanna do a stall, H/C, 90mm intake combo and then just do a million minor things for awhile.

Now my problem is I need to do the stall first. And I want to have everything picked out before I buy anything. But I have no idea what cam I want. I have my eye on a set of PRC 5.3l stage 2.5 heads. I really want to pick an awesome combo. Im guessing I want to get a midrange cam/stall combo. Any suggestions on a great cam/stall combo that will give me some great all around gains and still have street manners?

thanks guys.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

It really depends on what kind of cash your willing to shell out. For stall I would pick between yank, vig and circle D. I wouldn't go any less than a 3600 stall, more like 3800 or 4000. The cam is your choice but based on the info you provided I would go with a 230 duration cam. You could pick a nice one from one of the sponsers on here or have patrick g over at thunder racing personally spec one for your goals. Then heads basically are how much you want to spend and then matching the right one with your setup and remeber after all this your 10 bolt goes kabooooom!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

after some more reading...

torquer v3 / yank pt4000 ?

Quick Reply: pick a cam or stall first.