Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its time for a new cam (recomondations)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Its time for a new cam (recomondations)

a few months ago, in installed an ls6 cam and springs.....it was good for a while, but now i want more. at first i wanted a cam that i wouldnt have to change the srpings, but seeing as my choices were limited, i will now do the springs again. I want the best cam for my car (power and noise ) i want to hear my car lobe, so what does everyone suggest?

the car is an 01 SS and some of my current mods. lid filter, cai, flp w/orp, asp, chrome moly pushrods, 85mm maf, loudmouth, ngk's, taylor wires. also i have not ruled out the possibilty of nitros, so give me opinions on both, or if a certain cam is good for NA, or N02

thanks again
jimmy
Old 10-13-2003, 08:54 AM
11 Second Club

Default Re: Its time for a new cam (recomondations)

Just go ahead and get one you KNOW you'll be happy with! I would HIGHLY reccomend the TSP231/237. I have one in my car and LOVE it. There has been a couple of other people install them in the past few weeks and all of them are impressed as well. It would be a great cam NA or for the gas. Btw.. I'd suggest the comp 918 springs for it, that's what I'm running.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:00 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I second Gomer's opinion.
A TR230 would be great also.

But first off, what transmission does your car have?

Also, if you want madness with those LS6 springs, go with the GM ASA Hot cam. Low lift, wicked sound. Loves the juice.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

i'll vote for the tr230. that's the cam i have and i love it. IMO, it has a much better torque curve than the other big cams that are out there while still making great peak hp. however, if you decide to use the juice, the tsp231/237 would make more power on the spray.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry, the car is an M6, my basic wants are a loby cam with a good power range, up and down the band. and like i said juice may be in the future picture....and for now, and prolly for a while it will be on stock heads

thanks so far
jimmy
Old 10-13-2003, 06:59 PM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

i have to second the tsp231/237. i am bias to the cam as that is what is in my car but my decision was made after lots of research. the 230 was the runner up for me but with juice in the picture the tsp is the best route. good luck.