Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for a N.A. 730+ rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a N.A. 730+ rwhp?

A guy by the screen name Queso posted he wanted a N.A.725+RWHP motor for his F-Boday, he also mentioned that money is not an issue. If anyone is looking for this kinda power and has the money, send me a PM. I talked to my buddy and building this is not a problem and it will fit in your f-body.

E.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: looking for a N.A. 730+ rwhp?

I don't think anybody questioned the general possibility of making a 750rwhp N/A motor. If you know how to make it based on SBC and specifically LS1 platform with EFI, please enlighten us.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

It is a 400 SBC, give or take a few cubes, but it is not LS1 specific and I don't think it would be EFI. It will however fit in an F-Body with ease. I didn't ask about EFI. Queso was just lookin for the power, he never specified it be LS1.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

It is a 400 SBC, give or take a few cubes, but it is not LS1 specific and I don't think it would be EFI. It will however fit in an F-Body with ease. I didn't ask about EFI. Queso was just lookin for the power, he never specified it be LS1.

Yes he did. Go back to that thread and read his first post.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

It would take a 441 ci C5R headed solid roller 15:1 LS1 to get the kind of power, and u still may not get that much.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

turbo or ys trim any motor if built correctly. but if on motor? then it will take something extreme. been done plenty of times on sbc motors. this honestly sounds like an advertisement with teh whole "PM/Email" idea.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:59 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

did you not see this thread

https://ls1tech.com/threads/showflat...31&fpart=1
Old 10-14-2003, 06:42 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah he saw it, he just didn't read it. To me building a SBC, or BBC motor for that matter, and putting it in our cars seems pointless. Stick with an LS1...a 409 with a QMP turbo system might not get you exactly there, but it would still be way too much for the street.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Starting with a 2002 LS1 M6 with: Bolt-ons, FLP LT's, MTI C2, stock heads, Granatelli MAF, dynoing at 407HP. How can you possibly get to 750RWHP with an aspirated engine (no juice/blower). Is there any bottom end, bore/stroke, head, cam combo that can get you there?

$$$ not a problem (within reason)...

Want to chart a course.

Where in this first post does it mention that it has to be an LS1, he said that is what he is starting out with. Not what he is limited to. Someone please point it out that is has to be LS1 based???? No where!!

If you want a SBC motor to make that RWHP, I got the guy to do it. This is what he does for a living. 20K may get you there, but it will likely be more. Is it going to be a daily driver, no. But it will fit in the car and will make the power, yes. For all of you that either doubt it can be done or are stuck on LS1 based NA motors, expand you mind.

Can you get there ls1 based, EFI, NA. No. Can my guy build a 750+ NA SBC yes. Simple as that.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Starting with a 2002 LS1 M6 with: Bolt-ons, FLP LT's, MTI C2, stock heads, Granatelli MAF, dynoing at 407HP. How can you possibly get to 750RWHP with an aspirated engine (no juice/blower). Is there any bottom end, bore/stroke, head, cam combo that can get you there?

$$$ not a problem (within reason)...

Want to chart a course.

Where in this first post does it mention that it has to be an LS1, he said that is what he is starting out with. Not what he is limited to. Someone please point it out that is has to be LS1 based???? No where!!

If you want a SBC motor to make that RWHP, I got the guy to do it. This is what he does for a living. 20K may get you there, but it will likely be more. Is it going to be a daily driver, no. But it will fit in the car and will make the power, yes. For all of you that either doubt it can be done or are stuck on LS1 based NA motors, expand you mind.

Can you get there ls1 based, EFI, NA. No. Can my guy build a 750+ NA SBC yes. Simple as that.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Is your reading comprehension that bad, or are you just being intentionally obtuse? Either way, someone with half an ounce of sense could gather that he was talking about an LS1, or he wouldn't have phrased it the way he did.

Starting with a 2002 LS1 M6...
Yup, that's about as cryptic a clue as I've ever seen...

Out2GetU =

Old 10-14-2003, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Funny, I thought this was LS1Tech, not SBC Tech...
Old 10-14-2003, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

I'd like to keep it LS1 based, if it's at all possible.

I know LS1's can be bored and stroked very agressively. What I wonder is WHAT combo of rotating assy, pistons, rods, bore & stroke spec will give you a solid base on top of which to build the top end.

Granted the top end will HAVE to be a piece of work in terms of flow, fuel delivery, valvetrain/camshaft design and engine management programming.

If the consensus is that LS1-based is not possible, then I might rethink whole project. The idea continues to be to push a Pontiac Trans/AM to 750+ RWHP, aspirated!
Old 10-14-2003, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I suggest you get ALOT more relistic about your goals and focus on big cubes 422 plus with direct port nitrous if you want those power levels and the most realiability out of a LS1/6 N/A engine. ARE is selling their direct port N20 422 CID motor out of their 200? camar0 SS for around 20K and i would focus on something like that which will give you all the power you can handle on the street N/A and when you want to go radical and go for an 8 second time slip simply fire up the direct port N20. Otherwise, go with an iron block bored 4.030 with low compression and set up to handle big BOOST via turbo or supercharing if you are really hung up on 750RWHP. Otherwise, you won't see 750 RWHP on a N/A LSX motor and if you must stay N/A at won't budge off your HP Goals then have someone build you a BAD BUT small block chevy, non-LS1, like a couple of builders here have offered. I know the MOROSO C5 that runs 8s on motor only is running a bad *** small block racing motor (non LS1/6 motor) and i have seen that bad boy yank its C5 wheels 3 feet of the ground and run into the 8s all day. Just don't expect this to be a street car and more than likely it would have to be a 100% dedicated drag car.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU and move slowly, patiently, and GATHER ALL THE INFO YOU CAN!!!!
Old 10-14-2003, 11:27 PM
TECH Veteran

MORE Performance sells a completely assembled LS1 427 with 725 flywheel HP. Call them and see if they can get more out of it.
They told me that the motor is streetable but it is a solid roller and needs adjustments periodically and that the power comes on way high in the rpm's.