Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

valve cover oil filler breather

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 07:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

Default valve cover oil filler breather

i have seen a couple diff breathers that replace either the filler cap or the filler tube-i need one that replaces the filler tube, so it will clear the intercooler piping, but its not clear which one does that-i could redo the pipe if it replaces the cap, but would prefer one that goes in the v/c-does anyone know who has that style, and how do you get the dam pipe out, i know i twisted it in, but not coming out, lol
Old 03-26-2009, 10:32 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by forcd ind
i have seen a couple diff breathers that replace either the filler cap or the filler tube-i need one that replaces the filler tube, so it will clear the intercooler piping, but its not clear which one does that-i could redo the pipe if it replaces the cap, but would prefer one that goes in the v/c-does anyone know who has that style, and how do you get the dam pipe out, i know i twisted it in, but not coming out, lol
you can twist it hard and break the lock if you dont care about it, but some plastic might fall into the motor.
best bet is to remove the valve cover and depress the lock tab on the back and it will come right now.

as for the breather being right on the v/c. the metco is going to be the shortest bet, IMO. unless you do something custom.