Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS4 6spd guys come in....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MS4 6spd guys come in....

just got a quick question for some people....just put a MS4 cam and some other things in the car....had a reputable shop do the work and one of the best tuners in my opinion do the tune on it....

the only question i have is when i drive the car lets say....40mph down the road, and im coming to a red light or stop sign, when i push in the clutch the rpm's drop to about 500ish for a second and then go right back to idle, which is set at about 950.....then its perfect.....it does this about 90% of the time. the tune has been tweaked once since the job was done and it runs great, but he said something to the effect of that is just the nature of that cam with a stick shift???

is this pretty normal for a street driven 6 speed car with that cam or can some more of it be tuned out? thanks in advance
Old 08-17-2009, 01:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as it stays running I wouldn't be to concerned about the RPM's dropping that low. It may be possible to raise the Base Running Airflow to stop it from dropping, but then the RPM's will hang high before settling at 950. This may also cause what most refer to as cruise control where the revs will stay high until the car comes to a stop.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

hey thanks for the replies....yeah it doesnt even try to die out, it just drops for a moment and then creeps up to 950 and sits perfect.....i was just wondering if it was somewhat normal with that cam..

the revving and cruise control is what it was doing when i first got it back, it would dip and then shoot up to 1500 and hang there and then slowly work down, pretty embarrassing at a red light, lol....

also like you said it wanted to idle there when moving so it was like cruise control in 2nd gear, lol....

the tuner fixed that no problem, and just said the drop down was normal for that big cam...

thanks again
Old 08-17-2009, 09:15 PM

if he adjust the throttle follower it will lessen the drop.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had that problem but i wasnt getting enough air into the motor at idle. I drilled a small hole in my TB blade (~0.200") and it solved the problem completely. It was using all the timing it could throw at it to keep it alive