Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads and cam?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heads and cam?

Getting ready to put heads and cam on my stock ls1. Just wanting some help to try to decide what to put. What is the best heads and cam out there? Thanks for any help.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know if there is a "best" H/C setup out there, but there are many good combos to choose from. Check with the sponsors on the right call them up and talk to them about what you would like to do with the car and i'm sure they will be able to help you out.

Absolute Speed has some very nice heads out now, that are making really good numbers, ecspecially with the line of cams from LG Motorsports, and Thunderracing. MTI usually always puts out good numbers as well. You also have TEA and Texas Speed and Performance with some nice packages out as well.

Do you have any mods at all done to your vehicle. If you are planning on just doing H/C without any other mods IMHO i think it would be pretty stupid as the gains would not be anything at all as what you would gain with the boltons. At least have a full exhaust, lid, Intake, and tuning I feel these are essential to having a good performing combo.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:05 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

read the bazillion threads that we have on page 1-3 and do a search. i dont say that to be rude either but heads and cams are better researched yourself. also what year and tranny are you? and honestly i'd forgoe the heads and cam since your complete stock, you'll be bottle necking your car. plus what are your goals and is your car a daily driver, ect.

the possibilities are endless, take the time out to do the research.