Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know you guys can help me please!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know you guys can help me please!!

I know you dont care much bout little 6 cyl. camaro but please not gettin much help from the other side!! http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...120#post837120
Old 11-17-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How does the tranny fluid look?

What is the "LIM", is that the intake? Doubt its an intake gasket as the high pressure side is the coolant if your oil is clean.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vettenuts
How does the tranny fluid look?

What is the "LIM", is that the intake? Doubt its an intake gasket as the high pressure side is the coolant if your oil is clean.
hey thanks the lim is lower intake manifold. oils clean gotta check tranny fluid yet.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it was the intake gaskets you would have coolant in the oil (or an external leak) not oil in the coolant.Your heat probably quit because the heater core is gelled up. Pull your heater hoses off and backflush the heater core.You probably have a cooler issue. Is the tranny fluid full?
Old 11-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Launching!

the lower intake manifold gaskets on the fwds crack at the coolant passages on all for corners of the head draining coolant into the oil (best diagnosed by pulling off the oil cap and lookin at the butterscotch pudding). i've never noticed any oil in the radiators of the close to 100 3.1/3.4 gm cars i've put intake manifold gasket sets on. my best guess for you is head gaskets. here's an idea, drain your oil and leave the oil drain plug out, fill your coolant system up with water and pressure test it. if water exits out the oil drain plug then it is most likely your lim gaskets. i say this because if its the head gaskets oil pressure is greater than the pressure than that of your cooling system which would put oil in the radiator rather than the usual milkshake symptoms of a lim gasket. worth a shot.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vettenuts
How does the tranny fluid look?tranny fluid is good

oils clean

Originally Posted by BaddBird
If it was the intake gaskets you would have coolant in the oil (or an external leak) not oil in the coolant.Your heat probably quit because the heater core is gelled up. Pull your heater hoses off and backflush the heater core.You probably have a cooler issue. Is the tranny fluid full?
im going to flush tomorrow

Originally Posted by livefast1
the lower intake manifold gaskets on the fwds crack at the coolant passages on all for corners of the head draining coolant into the oil (best diagnosed by pulling off the oil cap and lookin at the butterscotch pudding). i've never noticed any oil in the radiators of the close to 100 3.1/3.4 gm cars i've put intake manifold gasket sets on. my best guess for you is head gaskets. here's an idea, drain your oil and leave the oil drain plug out, fill your coolant system up with water and pressure test it. if water exits out the oil drain plug then it is most likely your lim gaskets. i say this because if its the head gaskets oil pressure is greater than the pressure than that of your cooling system which would put oil in the radiator rather than the usual milkshake symptoms of a lim gasket. worth a shot.
hey good advice will do. thanks