Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rev Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 06:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rev Kit

There was a thread around a while back talking about rev kits. Last I read was they had stopped making them, but in the new PHR in the LS1 Hit List (page 43) they show one from Agostino Racing. I visited the web site but didn't find the kit.
Old 12-27-2003, 02:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

are you talking about the REV dual springs?
Old 12-27-2003, 03:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

No what he is talking about is basically a setup that goes above the lifters, it's a plate with a set of springs that keep the lifters on the lobes of the cam for higher rpm's. AFR makes a kit like this for the old style chevy 350 they gained over a 100hp in the higher rpms using their rev kit. However I personally talked to Agostino racing awhile back ago and they said they aren't making the rev kit for the LS1 because of the newer valvetrain designs used in todays engines don't need them. Basically our valvetrain is setup very well as opposed to the older stuff and they weren't seeing any significant gains using it. I was going to get a rev kit from them as well until he told me this info and then said they weren't producing them anymore. Hope this helps.

-Sly