Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another lifter problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another lifter problem

Ok I have another problem. A couple of weeks ago my car started tapping pretty loud, well I found out it was a bent pushrod so I replaced it and the sound went away and ran great. Now a week later the oil pressure started jumping around and it started ticking again well the same rocker arm that the bent pushrod used to be is loose up and down and is tight so the push rods and rockers was replaced and it still is loose and still ticks, so is this a bad lifter. Car has 144k on it. What all do I need to change it, I'm guessing head gaskets( not sure witch ones) head bolts, lifters and the trays and intake gaskets. Am I missing anything. I guess ill buy the ls7 lifters, thanks for any input
Old 03-13-2010, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ivan_key
Ok I have another problem. A couple of weeks ago my car started tapping pretty loud, well I found out it was a bent pushrod so I replaced it and the sound went away and ran great. Now a week later the oil pressure started jumping around and it started ticking again well the same rocker arm that the bent pushrod used to be is loose up and down and is tight so the push rods and rockers was replaced and it still is loose and still ticks, so is this a bad lifter. Car has 144k on it. What all do I need to change it, I'm guessing head gaskets( not sure witch ones) head bolts, lifters and the trays and intake gaskets. Am I missing anything. I guess ill buy the ls7 lifters, thanks for any input
yeah sounds like a collapse lifter.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Based on another recent thread you may want a water pump gasket. Pulling the water pump is a good way to get all the water out before you pull the heads. Also exhaust manifold/header gaskets.

Finally, LS7 lifters will likely require a slightly different pushrod length - the pocket depth is different.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok ill get a water pump gasket, also I have brand new headers and gaskets so I'm good there, what is the most common push rod I will need with ls7 lifters. Like a 7.350 or something around there
Old 03-14-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok ill get a water pump gasket, also I have brand new headers and gaskets so I'm good there, what is the most common push rod I will need with ls7 lifters. Like a 7.350 or something around there
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...rods-size.html

According the info in the thead above, the LS7 lifter will require a 0.050" shorter pushrod. I guess you could pull one of yours if you are not sure what you've got and get something 0.050" shorter. And, of course, you ought to measure at installation to be certain.