Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

408 stroker what heads to buy

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 408 stroker what heads to buy

i was looking into building a 408. An i would like to do some pricing to get a rough estimate of what the build will cost so here's the situation. i have a fast 90/90 setup and it cost quite a bit of money, yeah a little outdated but an excellent flowing intake. Want to keep it so this limits me to cathedral port heads from what i know what are my options. I'd like to get around 450 to the wheels if possible but since i am running an A4 i wouldn't bitch if it put down 425. i would like to find a set of heads that won't break the bank. what are my options and if there are any gm stock heads that flow decent numbers for the price, or that can be mildly ported to flow good numbers. I am not very familliar at all with LQ4 LS2 setups this why my asking. any opinions would be appreciated
Old 05-12-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TEA stage III 243's will get you there on a stock casting with the right cam easily.... AI would be another one to look at....There are other OEM castings out there but IMO you get what you pay for.....
Old 05-12-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by little_chewy_69
i was looking into building a 408. An i would like to do some pricing to get a rough estimate of what the build will cost so here's the situation. i have a fast 90/90 setup and it cost quite a bit of money, yeah a little outdated but an excellent flowing intake. Want to keep it so this limits me to cathedral port heads from what i know what are my options. I'd like to get around 450 to the wheels if possible but since i am running an A4 i wouldn't bitch if it put down 425. i would like to find a set of heads that won't break the bank. what are my options and if there are any gm stock heads that flow decent numbers for the price, or that can be mildly ported to flow good numbers. I am not very familliar at all with LQ4 LS2 setups this why my asking. any opinions would be appreciated
im in the same situation as you. just bought a 408. check out the classifieds for a nice set of used heads. im also on a budget and picked up a set of stage 2 317 for a good price and they flow 316 at .600. im looking to make at least 500 at the wheels since im a m6. good luck to your build!