Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member, new questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, new questions

Hi, just recently purchased a 2001 Camaro Z28, she came with 41,000 miles, so far I've put her up to 45,200 miles. Car seems to be in really good shape, with the exception of the shitty tires which squeal even when punching it at a 40mph roll. She is an A4 though, but the shifts feel smooth and precise, no slipping detected as of yet.

My question is, what are some of the basic bolt-on beginning mods? This car is rated at 310HP, I'd like to get it up to at least 330HP, hopefully 350HP and then I think I'd be pretty satisfied.

I've noticed that there is the 40MPH lag on this car too, because it is an automatic I presume. Anyone know anyway to get rid of this 40MPH lag?

I've been looking on a few websites for some performance upgrades. On www.pfyc.com I found the SLP "Flow pac" which claims to add up to 20HP to your car, costs $333.

I want to keep the CAM stock, am not looking to change that. But with the exception of the Flow Pac I have no idea what else I can do to increase the power of this car. I am definitely looking at getting the SLP LM1 exhaust sometime soon, does this provide any power benefits or torque loss? Anyone have any ideas on anything?
Old 07-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not the biggest fan of the "flow-pacs" but if you want to go for it then go for it.

This is what I would do..

Edelbrock stepped headers (I have found these to be up there with the best brand names, right behind the ARH stainless at under half the price), catted Y-pipe with a flowmaster Merge, and your choice of catback. Have the throttle body ported to remove the lip on the inside. Aftermarket lid and filter. Get a good ram air like the Chris1313 ram air (for A/C cars) from speed inc. Finish it off with a mild stall converter like a 2800 to 3000, then pay for a good dyno tune.

You should end with about 340 locked at the wheels, which is an engine rating of roughly 400hp.

You will have a very quick, fun to drive, great sounding, reliable, relatively cheap to build car.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out the mod guide in the external room, lots of good info:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...e-posting.html