Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help: Ses Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help: Ses Light

SES light has come on again. The car was programmed by MTI after header and cam install and threw a code right after the header and cam install. I took it back to them they fixed it and said it needed a new O2 Sensor. I drove it for 2 weeks about 400 miles including a trip from Houston to Austin. The is on again. I tried unhooking the negative battery terminal hoping that would reset the computer and hooked it back up no luck. I don't know what the problem is. I want to know if there are things I can check or something I can do to see if the code will clear. I hope unhooking the battery doesnt delete the MTI program. I guess I can take it in to the dealer here in Austin, Texas and have them read the code. But if it is the 02 sensor again there has to be a problem because not everyone is running through 02 sensors like this. I was thinking about just using 02 sims even though I am running cats. Would this solve the problem? Secondly I have an electic air fuel ratio gauge that is electric and I think it is tied to an 02 sensor is using 02 sims going to have an affect on that.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:14 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

get the code first and go from there. which o2 sensors went bad? you can run sims on the rear but you'll need your front o2's plugged in since the pcm reads off them in closed loop.