Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prc 5.3 heads with tick polluter

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default prc 5.3 heads with tick polluter

Iv got a ls1 with a tick polluter cam and i recently picked up some PRC 5.3 heads from a local guy parting his car out. I was just trying to figure out if these can be run without fly cutting if i dont mill them and run a thicker gasket if needed. or should i just look for some ls6 heads?
Old 11-18-2010, 12:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the valve height im thinking should be the same if theyre gm casting heads Idk about PRC's ive heard matt at tsp say theyre actually better for ptv clearance, I would actually call TSP and ask them that question
Old 11-18-2010, 09:13 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Stage 2.5 5.3's can be setup to retain almost stock valve drop as the 241's came with from the factory. That being said, they had to be ordered as such to have that extra clearance. Every set of PRC heads gets milled...some are just a clean-up to ensure they are flat, and some get more, depending on what the customer orders. So you need to be very sure of what the person you got them from ordered them for first and foremost. And then, I still recommend measuring your piston to valve clearance!!! That's too large a cam to just assume you have ample clearance!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Quick Reply: prc 5.3 heads with tick polluter