Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porting a Super Victor... need advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Porting a Super Victor... need advice

For the people who have actually done this and i'm not talking about back yard dremel porters. The dividers on the supervictor come really far out into the plenum. I know that by pulling the dividers back i'm going to lose some low end and pick up in the higher rpm range. But here's my question, i've converted my intake to a 4500 flange (Mast for whatever reason won't sell one of their intakes un cnc'd so i thought i'd just make my own) and as you can see the dividers are way out into the plenum. I haven't touched any of the inside of the intake with a grinder yet but i'm wondering how much i should pull the runners back? 1/2 of an inch, 1inch or more? I'll be shifting this thing at about 9k so it is going to be turning some rpms. If anyone has any experience of helpful advice i'm all ears.

I still have a lot of work to do on it but so far but here's what i've done right now. Just got it back from the welder today, put it on the bridgeport and milled the weld off to make it look nice and took my grinder to grind the weld down to make the outside look more stock appearing as i plan to paint/powdercoat it later.

Excuse the picture quality as they were taken with my cell phone.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

anybody?
Old 01-22-2011, 10:51 AM
11 Second Club

You would be way better asking the good people on Yellow Bullet. Alot of good info over there and people that have played with what your doing. And the work looks good keep me updated.

Rob
Old 01-27-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll post some more pictures tomorrow on how its coming along, so far so good i believe.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

Ill try to take some pics of mine and post. Had mine ported by AFD and they got several lbs of alum. out of the plenum Sweet idea with the flange tho, i may try that as im a welder myself
Old 02-05-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well for anyone who cares here's where i'm at so far. The intake is still FAR from done but i think i've got the dividers where i want them. Just rounded off the top of the divider and made everything nice and round.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious, but who milled it and did the 4500 flange change for you? Looking at doing a dominator setup on a future build with a Super Vic.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Porting a Super Victor... need advice