Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Planning for next winter... h/c + sea foam?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 12:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Planning for next winter... h/c + sea foam?

hello everyone. i just bought my 02 ws6. it has just over 98k on it. now this spring i will have a full exhaust, lid, ftra installed. and now i am thinking/starting to save for next winter. my original plan was a ls6 swap, but after doing lots of research i am thinking of getting some ls6 heads port and polished. and a mildish/sleeper cam. now i figure i will have a little over 120k on the motor by next winter. i have read somethings about sea foam, and like the idea. just looking for some advice... at 120k should i worry about the bottom end? and is sea foam a good idea while i am doing a h/c swap? is there any else i should do at that time. i have read: oil pump, Lifters, Pushrods, Water pump, timing chain. am i missing anything?

thanks in advance,
Bruce
Old 02-17-2011, 01:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Don't do it, sea foam is the devil.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:29 AM
Teching In

sea foam at your own risk . i personally dont belive in a cure all in a can. google the stuff , thier are endless discussions about sea foam.
i dont think you will need to sea foam it ,
if your worried about the bottom end , the only real cure is to build it. thats the only real solution
Old 02-17-2011, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Dont understand exactly what your trying to do with the Sea Foam here? Are you trying to clean valves, intake manifold, etc? I would stay away from Sea Foam. For one it makes too much of a mess for a LOOOOONG time if you put too much in your fuel and for two I can tell you THE BEST de-carb product I've ever ran across is Mopars "Combustion Chamber Cleaner". I worked for a Dodge, chrysler, and Jeep dealer for the past 4 or 5 years and I swear by the stuff if you have a rough idle or carbon on a piston or valve. Iyd like $8 a can and is self explanatory but to each is own. We have had problem after problem with high mileage or city driven vehicles with the 3.7l v-6 that idle like you poured water in the intake and weve fixed a few with their spray stuff without replacing the burnt valves. But like I said its not for everyone,but I know I've seen it work wonders in SOME cases. But then again I dont know what exactly you were referencing Sea Foam for. Just my $.02