Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

something got to change

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default something got to change

hello guys i have a 2002 silverado 1500 5.3.. the truck is pertty much bone stock i have a aftermarket muffler on it thats all. the truck gets 12-13 towing the way i drive. with gas now getting over 3.30 a gallon and talk of 5 but the end of summer i cant do that and race every weekend towing 300 miles. i need to get the truck on e85 asap but i need to do it right. so what all will i need? here is my list so far
mods i think ill need
new fuel lines that are e85 safe
maybe a bigger fuel pump
i know ill need a tune atlest but i though i might need bigger then stock injectors so what im asking for input on
im thinking i may also need a afpr to help get enough fuel out of the injectors
as of now i have took all the gas out of the truck and started to remove all my rubber lines. for the tuning i will be getting hp tuners this weekend any help would be great thanks
Old 02-24-2011, 06:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The real answer: diesel truck. Much better gas mileage.

How much is E85 where you're at?

If you really want to switch to E85, all that is needed for a stock truck would be tune, maybe some injectors. All stock lines are safe and fine. It's ethanol, not methanol, therefore it is NOT corrosive so you do not need the lines. Sorry to tell you that, but start putting the old ones back on.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm thanks for the tip but everyone that i know has had issues with non e85 rated lines after a couple years. e85 is about half the cost