Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor Build Books???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Build Books???

Okay so I'm attempting my first engine build from the ground up!! I've done alot of work on fbodys but never a build from a bare block. I'm going with a LQ9 block with forged intervals an keeping my options open with heads and cam as of right now.
This site has tons of great info but I need more. Can anyone recommend a book or multiple books or threads that can help me with short and long block assembly, torque specs, and all the other small details I need??
Old 03-02-2011, 11:05 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Build-Modify-E...9085490&sr=8-6

That'd be the one I'd recommend! He's been around this site a long time supporting the community, and is a moderator here as well now. It's got what you need!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rebui...item27a980f29f

This is the one i used to help me dissasemble my motor. It has alot of good info.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one Matt posted is a very good book i have most of the books on these motors and that book is very informative and gives you clearances to work from with many detailed photos and suggestions on parts. They are all a bit dated as things change every day but the core basics are outlined very well.