Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Wont crank: First try since rebuild "Help"

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Wont crank: First try since rebuild "Help"

So here's the problem I just got the car back together and dropped off at the tuner. I left town and decided to call see how things were going, and wasn't to happy with the news. The guys at the shop told me they put the car battery on a slow charger over night, and when to get started on the car the next day and couldn't get the car to crank over. When the ignition is turn on the gauges do a full sweep then return to normal, but nothing happens. I'm stumped and so are they. At first they thought a bad PCM, but i had them jump in a new and mine is fine. The car is not putting out any codes. They are now troubleshooting a bad wiring harness which was good when i removed it. I'am not in town to over look these guys my cars in Hawaii and I'm in Florida, but I trust them for the most part. I was very careful to hook up all the grounds, and connectors, and they as a shop should be going over the harness before calling it bad. No ones perfect and there's always room to learn. If anyone has any ideas please let me know so i can get my car back.

Ohh and 2 more things: The car used MAFS and my progressive controller is disconnected and was wired into the harness if that matters.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Datankid069
So here's the problem I just got the car back together and dropped off at the tuner. I left town and decided to call see how things were going, and wasn't to happy with the news. The guys at the shop told me they put the car battery on a slow charger over night, and when to get started on the car the next day and couldn't get the car to crank over. When the ignition is turn on the gauges do a full sweep then return to normal, but nothing happens. I'm stumped and so are they. At first they thought a bad PCM, but i had them jump in a new and mine is fine. The car is not putting out any codes. They are now troubleshooting a bad wiring harness which was good when i removed it. I'am not in town to over look these guys my cars in Hawaii and I'm in Florida, but I trust them for the most part. I was very careful to hook up all the grounds, and connectors, and they as a shop should be going over the harness before calling it bad. No ones perfect and there's always room to learn. If anyone has any ideas please let me know so i can get my car back.

Ohh and 2 more things: The car used MAFS and my progressive controller is disconnected and was wired into the harness if that matters.
That sucks, how long until you come back? I assume because your sig states that its tuned at BSM, cool guys. I'm here on the island let me know if I could help
Old 04-19-2011, 04:16 AM
11 Second Club

Is your security light on?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cold06
Is your security light on?
I'm not sure, what's that suppose to mean if it is?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds like a ground to me.... did u have the harness modified at all... i had mine modified and had the same problem ened up bein a wire in the wrong pin hole
Old 04-19-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Manual or automatic? Just did a lot of work on mine, went to start it and got nothing... the shift cable was hanging up alitttle and the computer wasn't reading the trans was in park... adjusted my cable a hair and the car cranked over fine
Old 04-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mark21742
Manual or automatic? Just did a lot of work on mine, went to start it and got nothing... the shift cable was hanging up alitttle and the computer wasn't reading the trans was in park... adjusted my cable a hair and the car cranked over fine
Manual trans
Old 04-20-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put a test light on the starter and check the solenoid is getting power. I had a starter go bad and act just like that.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

So many possibilities , neutral safety switch , Is'nt there a crank relearn procedure , too many possibilities . Good luck
Old 05-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Launching!

9hrs of labor $1387.00 and so many mixed emotions the cars on its way to Florida. Ive talked back and fourth to these guys and a week after dropping it off to just get it running to load on the boat they ask me "So what do you want us to do? Get it running?" I'm thinking to myself "are you f***ing serious?" I tell the guy "well yeah!" and he replies "Ohh okay, should be done today". Needless to say I had to step away from the phone. They called me back later that night and I could hear my baby in the background. I had my mom get a detailed list of everything they troubleshot and fixed. He said something about the security system. Good job Cold06 I'll just call you next time. So the shipper want less than a 1/4 of gas, I know this cause it's not my first rodeo. I tell my mom this and ofcourse the shop calls me and tells me the fuel gage is broken. lol. No big deal i tell my mom to just say "the gauge is on E because we knew it had to be below a quarter tank, but its good". No big deal right? The first thing the idiot that helped my mom get the car to the shipping yard says to the shippers is; "Just to let you guys know, the gas gauge is broken". WTF!!! So my mom had to get a stamped letter from the shop saying there was less than a quarter tank of gas in the tank. After all that they made my mom clean the inside and get faxed copies of my orders, finally they excepted the Damn car. I'm just so glad this **** is over. Just wanted to say thanks for your time guys. Moving sucks! lol!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

glad everything turned out ok. i just got my car shipped to me and yes, it is a royal pain in the ***!