Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suggestions?

Ok so my motor is tapping and I have narrowed it down to lifters or pushrods... I am gonna break into the heads this weekend and check everything out. I figure I would get some opinions on lifters, pushrods and maybe some new rockers... the chicken is basically cammed and has boltons... unfortunately I don't know the cam specs but I am just basically trying to get as much as I can with barely hanging on to daily driving lol. Anybody wanna help me out with what y'all would run in my situation? Price is an option somewhat so maybe not too too expensive. I appreciate the help guys. I'm still learning about these amazing motors and trying to soak up as much as I can. Oh and heads are hopefully going to follow in the next 6 months or so
Old 05-02-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

start at the vc's and work your way down. how bad is the tapping?
Old 05-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

LOUD... I'm running headers xpipe and resonator... and it makes my exhaust sound quiet... definitly top end though. Pulled oil pan off and no metal and its not bearings. Looked at springs and rockers and not that so I Figured its gotta be lifters or maybe a slightly bent pushrod. Pretty much everyone that knows anything that hears it agrees its top end and prolly a lifter. Just figured I would spiff it up while I'm down there. and yes, that's what she said... figured I would just get that out of the way lol
Old 05-02-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha gotcha, well **** seems like your ontop of things. don't forget to post pics when u find the culprit.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, definitely