Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!!!!

I have a 2000 trans am ws6. I am having intermittent problems with my car and i have nooo clue what it could be. Every now and then after it has sat for a few mins or even up to half an hour, when i start it up it barely starts and it will idle just fine for a few mins and then drop wayyy low under 400 rpm and then jump back up and it does this over and over. Also when i am in the throttle while this is occuring it seems perfectly fine but when i let off of the throttle even if i'm going 45mph the rpms drop way below 500. The problem is not everytime and does not happen real often but has happened on several occasions in the last month. I took it to an autozone and then a reputable local garage and they looked at my car and said they couldn't find anything wrong. It doesn't seem to proceeded or followed by any certain act and appears to happen totally random. any ideas???????????????
Old 09-15-2011, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I would say most likely possibility would be a connector that is maybe very close to the exhaust and losing connection or possibly O2 sensor related , could be dirty injector related . But we need more info , how many miles on engine , is the service engine light on . Pretty much any running problems except dirty injectors and O2's that are wearing out are detected by the computer and 1 or more codes are stored in memory . Check the service engine light bulb by turning key to on but don't start and it should be lit until You start the engine .
Old 09-15-2011, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

check all electrical connections and then you vacuum lines. Mine did tha and I had a loose wire connection at the air intake.