Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PROBLEM PLEASE HELP! (involves a camshaft)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation PROBLEM PLEASE HELP! (involves a camshaft)

i recently got my car tuned from Lucky's Speed and Performance in Longview, Texas from having my new 224 228 TSP cam installed on my 2000 camaro z28. the car runs great all up until i turn on my AC...at that point my car ***** out. before turning on the air its at normal idle, normal oil psi, and drives smooth. after i turn on the air the idle starts bouncing hard and acts like its gonna kill itself, is at 20 oil psi idle and 30 oil psi driving, and i can barely drive it home. when i give it a little gas to take off and accelerate it acts like its miss firing and doesnt want to really go anywhere but it doesnt throw any codes. please help me! why is it only acting up when the AC is turned on? is something physical broken or is it just a bad tune?
Old 06-16-2012, 04:38 AM
11 Second Club

The tune needs work. And/or you have a vacuum leak. I had the same issue after my first cam swap. The vacuum lines behind the intake manifold were deteriorated, and the added cam made it difficult to run the a/c. Once those lines were repaired, it ran like a champ.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Launching!

like thumpn said check vacuum lines but more than likely the tune needs to be tweaked better for A/C activation
Old 06-16-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The tuner should be able to add a little advance to the a/c adder to easily fix the problem
Old 06-17-2012, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine did this upon the install of my 228r cam @ 114 lsa. it would do fine, then when i would come to a stop, or flip the a/c on, it was like the car experienced a dimming effect like before the power goes out at your house and studder, we did a few things with the tune, such as making the car idle higher when it was on, and other stuff I am unaware of, and I also removed the TB and it was nasty as ****. cleaned it out for 2 days in my spare time, and let it dry, also cleaned the MAF. put it back on. no probs since. it is usually just tune related, but do what you can.