Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSx Oil Pan Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSx Oil Pan Spacers

When building our 479 ci LSx tall deck engine for our GTO shop car we found the need to space the oil pan down to clear the big 4.350 stroke crank.
Since there are no fabricated oil pans available plus they are expensive, we decided to design a 3/8" oil pan spacer to allow the oil pan to sit lower so that the big stroke crank has room to spin.

Our LSx oil pan spacers will bolt up to any LS series block and are 3/8" thick.

You will need 1/2 longer oil pan bolts to use the spacer since you have to add an oil pan gasket for sealing. We are working on a hardware kit but it isnt available yet. The longer fasteners can be sourced at most hardware stores.

The Gforce LSx oil pan spacers are cnc machined from 6061 aluminum to ensure a perfect fit.

The spacers are $179. and are available on our web site.
http://www.shop.gforce1320.com/produ...&categoryId=48

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by Gforce Engineering; 01-02-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that looks like a really nice piece. Great work, good alternative to a expensive pan.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I will be needing this for my 495 but being across the ocean would prefer a complete kit w/ hardware. Any idea on when that will be available?
Old 01-01-2013, 08:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know if they would have worked for your application, but there are at least three different companies making fabricated steel pans.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:07 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
I will be needing this for my 495 but being across the ocean would prefer a complete kit w/ hardware. Any idea on when that will be available?
I can put together a hardware kit pretty easily, just have to find time.
I'll see if I can get some kits together this week.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
I don't know if they would have worked for your application, but there are at least three different companies making fabricated steel pans.
I know Canton and Moroso make several different fabricated steel pans for around $400 and I think Canton does an aluminum as well. I have no idea about their stroke clearances but it might be worth calling them since they are indeed fabricated pans.

Generally rule of thumb is that your pickup should be 3/8" off of the bottom of the pan, since you are essentially doubling the distance of the pickup off the bottom of the pan do you have a remedy for this?
Old 01-02-2013, 02:52 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Sideways LS
I know Canton and Moroso make several different fabricated steel pans for around $400 and I think Canton does an aluminum as well. I have no idea about their stroke clearances but it might be worth calling them since they are indeed fabricated pans.

Generally rule of thumb is that your pickup should be 3/8" off of the bottom of the pan, since you are essentially doubling the distance of the pickup off the bottom of the pan do you have a remedy for this?
We lengthened the pick up tube 1/2" on ours. It also takes an additional qt of oil now.

The nice thing about using a stock pan is it still looks stock even though your running a big cube engine
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Gforce Engineering
We lengthened the pick up tube 1/2" on ours. It also takes an additional qt of oil now.

The nice thing about using a stock pan is it still looks stock even though your running a big cube engine
Do you guys sell the pickup as a kit with the spacer? Do you have any sort of baffle kit that bolts into the pan or have you not run into any oil pressure issues? The extra capacity is nice but i've always thought that controlling the oil was more efficient, however i've been wrong before. When installing one of these do you recommend using a gasket on each side?
Old 01-02-2013, 03:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Sideways LS
Do you guys sell the pickup as a kit with the spacer? Do you have any sort of baffle kit that bolts into the pan or have you not run into any oil pressure issues? The extra capacity is nice but i've always thought that controlling the oil was more efficient, however i've been wrong before. When installing one of these do you recommend using a gasket on each side?
We don't offer a pick up extension kit but it's real easy to just cut the pick up and extend it out a bit.

We havent had any oil pressure issues. a gasket on each side of the spacer is what I would recommend.

Thanks
Chris
Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the orders guys.
I'll probably have these anodized black in the future.

Thanks
Chris
Old 06-06-2013, 09:20 PM
FormerVendor

Give me a call if you need a pan spacer, I still have a few on the shelf.

Thanks
Chris

Quick Reply: LSx Oil Pan Spacers