Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vic jr, Proflo xt or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vic jr, Proflo xt or something else?

I have a 1996 s10 with a LS1/4L60 combo installed and I'm wanting to finalize my mods before I button it all back up. Right now the motor has untouched 243 heads, LS6 intake and 216/224 cam with 918 springs. The trans is built with an SS4000 converter and I'm running a 31 spline 8.8 with 3.73 gears. The truck will not weight more than 3klbs when I am done with it and I'm wanting to get closer to a max effort setup than a driver (I will still drive it some). The motor has full ARP bottom end with low miles but it's not forged. Here is what I'm thinking of running as a fairly proven combo. Any other cam/intake suggestions?

MS3
Vic jr
4150 TB

I was thinking of having AI port the 243s later but it's actually cheaper to just sell them and buy the PRC as cast 225s. Right now the front cap is off the truck so a cam install will be much easier now than once it's back together.. The negative is I haven't completely finished the swap. I have all the parts and a pug and play CPW harness but just haven't had time to button it up.

So...button it up and line out all the kinks as-is then upgrade? or Slap in a cam/springs (suggestions) and button it back up with the LS6 intake and work out the kinks? or Swap out heads, cam and intake and then work out the kinks?
Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if the MS3 is your best choice for a single plane manifold as they like tighter LSA like a 108. Best bet check out EPS single plane cam or have a custom grind made for your set up. Thats what I am in the process of doing now as well.

Quick Reply: Vic jr, Proflo xt or something else?