Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lifter stuck and damaged lifter bore. options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lifter stuck and damaged lifter bore. options?

In the middle of doing a turbo build on my ls1 and just had a minor set back. I pulled out my tsunami cam to install a turbo spec cam(thanks Martin@Tick!) and in the process had a lifter that was stuck in place. Figured no biggie ill just tap it out and get it from the bottom with a magnet.

Well once the cam was out I inspected it to find where that lifter was stuck, it wore a groove into my old cam. Since that happened I looked up to where the lifter is and see the bottom is completely broke off. I was able to tap it out with no issue and go to check the lifter bore and BAM, a nice litle piece is chipped off at the bottom and is no longer a complete cylinder anymore.

Ive read about getting the lifter bore sleeved, but at this point if I'm already pulling the motor Id like to put a built block in there. Would I be better off throwing pistons/rods in there+machine work and call it a day, or just getting a built 370 iron block from one of our sponsors(CHIME IN PLEASE!) and go that route?

If Im going to order a block from a sponsor on here, who does everyone recommend for best price & quality of work?

Quick Reply: lifter stuck and damaged lifter bore. options?