Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAM questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAM questions

I have a few questions and am trying to gather most info possible before moving forward. I am looking to do a cam soon and was wondering if I should really do an intake before? Currently I have a full exhaust setup. Hooker long tubes, into tsp y pipe, hooker catback, electric cutout, no cats. This is all I have besides full suspension. It is a 99 with 4000 miles and is automatic. I'm looking to do a trans and carat the same time so I can match the stall and cam. My plan was to do the cam and stall then in near future do the intake and heads. Any suggestions on what I should do first? Pretty much I am looking for good power gains but do know that every setup is different. Any help on a cam and stall pairing would be awesome.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2013, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

You should try to pick up used ls6 intake asap...or fast.. Otherwise it can wait but your going to be slightly choking your setup. You need a stall for sure, imo, nothing under 3600..as far as a cam....what are your goals? Daily driver? You plan on tracking it? Lots of different cams for lots of different setups.
And what gears do you have?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Teching In

Currently the car has a stock gear. I have a 373 waiting incase I need a bigger gear. As far as stall I was thinking a 3800 to 4000. The car barely gets driven. Has never been to track but will when it's getting mods. I would like to eventually have a mid 10second car if possible when the heads and intake are port matched and all. I still want it to be able to be driven around. Am I being realistic even with my wants? I would like to do everything the right way being the car is still brand new.

Thanks for input and help. LET'S GO RED WINGS

Quick Reply: CAM questions