Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need your advice and help on my project

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need your advice and help on my project

I just got from ebay a ls1 complete engine with headers for a camaro and want to boost up the hp from 350 unto 450 if possible or close to this but with only bolt on parts don't want to do internal upgrades due to the fact that we here in the Philippines are not familiar with this engine and don't want to have to many problems in tuning or maintaining the engine as this is going to be bolted on a nissan 240sx s13 car used for drifting here is my thoughts please help me in the direction i should go

1 intake manifold and throttle body size
what i was looking at brand wise fast or weiand
2 fuel rail
3 wire harness turn key type
4 ecu programmable looking at Holley 550-602 HP EFI ECU & Harness Kit GM LS1
5 pully set
6 coil pack looking a msd
7 injectors

please tell me whats the best set up and brand for this project also i have a
a cam that i got its is a Patriot Performance #8403 Best LS1 Cam 226/226 .585"/.585" 112 LSA Camshaft now what else would i need to make this work on my engine only have cam

any help on this project would be a big help on me as a newbe i have no idea what or where to go to do this but you guys in the forum any info is greatly appreciated

again thanks from the Philippines
Old 12-04-2013, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well sorry to be the Bearer of Bad news, but with all that going on you are for sure going to need a tune, this wont be just a bolt together and drive engine. If you are planning on using just the stock heads with no porting or valve work done to them this is going to not happen a intake and injectors is not going to get you there.

My recommendation would be
1. FAST 102/92 intake/TB
2. FAST or equivalent billet fuel rail kit
3. Harness from Painless wiring
4. Stock ecm since you are wanting simple
5. Stock Pulley set
6. Ls3 coil packs ditch the MSD
7. Stock Re-jetted 36lb@3bar injectors from Fuel injector connection (FIC)

And a good set of decent flowing heads like trick flow or AFR is going to make good power. I personal like the AFR 215, and a good set of rockers, pushrods, and a set of
LS7 Lifters.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Undertow74
Well sorry to be the Bearer of Bad news, but with all that going on you are for sure going to need a tune, this wont be just a bolt together and drive engine. If you are planning on using just the stock heads with no porting or valve work done to them this is going to not happen a intake and injectors is not going to get you there.

My recommendation would be
1. FAST 102/92 intake/TB
2. FAST or equivalent billet fuel rail kit
3. Harness from Painless wiring
4. Stock ecm since you are wanting simple
5. Stock Pulley set
6. Ls3 coil packs ditch the MSD
7. Stock Re-jetted 36lb@3bar injectors from Fuel injector connection (FIC)

And a good set of decent flowing heads like trick flow or AFR is going to make good power. I personal like the AFR 215, and a good set of rockers, pushrods, and a set of
LS7 Lifters.
Agree with avove...inin a 240 being that light and only wanting a drift car why do anything throw a harness and PCM in it and go 350hp at the wheels will be plenty for your application...IMO the intake really isn't worth the money $800 for about 7hp, that may be generous...I think I would do cam and LT, or as above powers in the heads...a of AFR's will wake it up immensely...just my 2 cents
Old 12-04-2013, 01:01 AM
Teching In

undertow74 thanks for that info would you have any idea of a shop here in the bay area to do work like this if ever to the engine also if i do what you said what would be the hp more or less on the wheel if ever your guess

superslow0288 sthanks for the info also sorry for my ignorance but whats a LT

so you guys think its not worth the intake to get at all and just go with heads and cam and injectors instead and maybe a programable ecu

what
Old 12-04-2013, 04:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For drifting, I would also include the timing chain damper and an ATI harmonic balancer for durability. If the block isn't drilled, then get the TFS timing chain damper mount.

Quick Reply: need your advice and help on my project