Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need input on this combo...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need input on this combo...

408 Stroker- new 6.0L GM block, Eagle Stroker crank with Eagle rods and JE (or Mahle) pistons. Federal Mogul bearings, rings...(which brand is good) should I go with the gapless rings? ARP bolts throughout and ARP head studs.

Allready Have- PP Stage 3 LS6 heads, 230/236 .592/.578 114lsa +2, yella terra's, comp OEM lifters, TSP pushrods, ported ls6 oil pump, double roller timing chain, ported LS6, ported TB, ported MAF, asp, Pacesetter 1 3/4in headers, mandrel bent 3in true duals.
YankSS4000, 3.73's

I guess my question is, what do you think of the name brand parts being used in the internals above? I allready own everything else on my current setup but need a new shortblock. Any recommendations as to name brands and what are your opinions on this combo. I know there are better name brand parts out there but I don't want to break the bank either. This car is my daily driver but may retire from that this winter to a weekend warrior. Are the 408's reliable and will they last long from what everyone else has seen and experienced? Thanks for any input!

-Sly

Oh yeah- What about this cam with the 408? The stock 346 peaks at 7000-7100 with it...well i think the dyno was a little off so probably more like 6700 rpms it peaked at.