Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long did you have to wait for your TSP Cam to arrive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long did you have to wait for your TSP Cam to arrive?

I have emailed them a few times and got no response, which is strange because I thought that they were good about getting back to you. I ordered a cam package and my engine is stripped down and read for the install. How long does it take for them to ship? or reply to a email?
Old 05-18-2004, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by benningtonz28
I have emailed them a few times and got no response, which is strange because I thought that they were good about getting back to you. I ordered a cam package and my engine is stripped down and read for the install. How long does it take for them to ship? or reply to a email?

I ordered a cam package about 5 weeks ago and still has not arrived. The reason was because the ASP pulley was backordered and they were going to ship the complete package. Kind of upsetting but its not really their fault.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:37 PM
FormerVendor

I had a similar situation with a different part at TSP. I placed the order and was never notified of a backorder. I only found out when I sent an email to see where my parts were. The response to emails is usually good. I just wish they would improve the process of notification if there is a backorder.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:08 PM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

my cam and cam package took about a month or more I called every day and kept asking cause I had put out alot of money It will get there will just take a while
Old 05-18-2004, 07:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yah my 231/237 was on BO for like a month
Old 05-18-2004, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

I cant remember exactly but I know my cam didnt take much longer than 2 weeks. I remember them telling me on the phone that it might take longer since it had to be shipped from Lunati or something like that but it arrived much sooner than I thought. Didnt really matter since I didnt install it until weeks later.

Why would you strip your engine apart before you even have the parts in hand? Not a good idea if you ask me.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Teching In

took 2 weeks ,then I was missin a valve spring seat,another was sent out& lost,then another was sent ,finally got it ,total time 5weeks,no big deal not in a hurrry,never take things apart until u got all the parts in hand.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by busavette
took 2 weeks ,then I was missin a valve spring seat,another was sent out& lost,then another was sent ,finally got it ,total time 5weeks,no big deal not in a hurrry,never take things apart until u got all the parts in hand.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine took about a month ... and I had to call to get an update ...
Old 05-18-2004, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

My cam took about 2 weeks or so to arrive. It was no big deal. I think TSP's customer service is great. I speak to those guys alot about my car and stuff. They are really cool bunch of guys.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Trans Am WS6 RGS
Why would you strip your engine apart before you even have the parts in hand? Not a good idea if you ask me.
I just had them install their 231/237 cam in my Z06.The service was awsome, and the parts were instock and ready to go. I can't say enough good things about these guys. The parts will be there soon I'm sure!
Old 05-18-2004, 09:07 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

When in doubt definitely give us a call! Even if it's a web-order, you can always call us right when you place the order to check availability and ET on shipping. If your e-mail was not answered, it could have been somehow lost, or just in a backed-up inbox. I am probably best about staying caught up on replying to e-mails, so when in doubt, yuo can always shoot me a line, and I'll get back ASAP

-Matt-

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 05-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Why not?

I am doing the install on my own and have "limited" time. Rather than rushing and screwing up something, I like to take my time. As long as everything is labeled and stored properly, then I don't see a problem. By the time the parts come, the wounds on my hands will have healed from taking off that last damn bolt on the passenger valve cover
Old 05-19-2004, 02:25 AM
TECH Regular

I waited about a week and a half for my cam package (231.237). I got it today.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:26 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

The biggest problem has been camshaft supply. We have been struggling with our camshaft manufacturer to keep up with our camshaft demand. We got in a bind when one of their machines went down, so that put us behind on getting the camshafts out the door. Sometimes customers will order a custom-grind camshaft, and at that point we're just at the mercy of the cam manufacturer. Normally, it will take about 10 business days to get a camshaft custom-ground from Comp. We are constantly working to make it a smoother transaction for the customer, and we feel that we have our problems worked out.

NEVER hesitate to give us a call with any questions or concerns. We're here for you before AND after the sale, and we do not want anyone to be unhappy with their purchase. E-mails can sometimes take a few days to get back to, so call us if you need an answer ASAP. We get a LOT of e-mails each day, so a phone call is the quickest way to get a hold of us. All customers are now being notified of any back-orders when the order is placed with an estimated shipping date. So, unless otherwise stated when ordering, your parts should ship out no later than the next business day (depending on when the order is placed during the day).

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 05-19-2004, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

I got mine in like 5 days! My baby goes under the knife today, I'm so nervous!! I cant wait to hear her new heartbeat though.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
The biggest problem has been camshaft supply. We have been struggling with our camshaft manufacturer to keep up with our camshaft demand. We got in a bind when one of their machines went down, so that put us behind on getting the camshafts out the door. Sometimes customers will order a custom-grind camshaft, and at that point we're just at the mercy of the cam manufacturer. Normally, it will take about 10 business days to get a camshaft custom-ground from Comp. We are constantly working to make it a smoother transaction for the customer, and we feel that we have our problems worked out.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
I see.

I called today and it was shipped today.Thanks
Old 05-20-2004, 03:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by benningtonz28
Why not?
To avoid situations like this.

I too had to wait on a part thought when I installed mine. No local dealer had that little sensor behind the intake that tends to break on a lot of people. Oh well no big deal though. It finally came in and we put her back together and even without the tune I can drive her.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I too had to wait on a part thought when I installed mine. No local dealer had that little sensor behind the intake that tends to break on a lot of people. Oh well no big deal though. It finally came in and we put her back together and even without the tune I can drive her.
join the broken oil pressure sender club today!! just send $30 to your local gm parts dealer
Old 05-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Teching In

I have four other cars and I am in no rush to drive the z. My z is only driven for fun on nice days.