Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Put Back in these Parts from Oil Pump...PIC

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How to Put Back in these Parts from Oil Pump...PIC

I am taking apart the stock oil pump to give it a good clean before selling it, and porting the intake side just a tinsy bit. I took out these pieces too. They appear to be some sort of pressure release system. Is there any particular way the top piece (with the holes) has to go in? I'd imagine not, but I just don't want to sell a bad oil pump to someone.

And, do the cover plate bolts need to be torqued to a certain spec? Thanks!

Old 06-06-2004, 08:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The piston goes in first. It is installed with the open end facing towards the access hole. Then the spring sits inside the open side of the piston. You can then compress the spring and install the cap. Make sure you lube up the piston prior to installation and throw a little locktite on the threads of the cap.

I'd throw a shim or to to jack the OP!
Old 06-06-2004, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, right after I posted I just threw it back together exactly like you said. I didn't put in any shims. I figure I'd leave it alone. It must be there for a reason

Originally Posted by 9D9LS
The piston goes in first. It is installed with the open end facing towards the access hole. Then the spring sits inside the open side of the piston. You can then compress the spring and install the cap. Make sure you lube up the piston prior to installation and throw a little locktite on the threads of the cap.

I'd throw a shim or to to jack the OP!